Please be advised that Microsoft has released an emergency patch to address a critical flaw in the Windows Print Spooler service that bad actors are actively exploiting.
RUN WINDOWS UPDATE IMMEDIATELY
Follow the instructions in the following link to perform the updates and check your settings:
- Run MS Windows Update manually (Steps may be different depending on your version of Windows OS:
- On the Update & Security screen, select Windows Update.
- The Windows Update screen appears. NOTE: If you don’t mind typing, you can get to the Windows Update screen by typing windows update in the Search box located on the taskbar.
- The Windows Update screen informs you when Windows 10 last checked for updates and whether any were found.
- Select the Check for Updates button to find out whether any updates are available and update Windows 10 on your computer.
- You may see a message that one or more updates will be downloaded and installed automatically. You do not have to do anything to install these updates — the update process is automatic.
- Return to the desktop to let Windows 10 manage updates automatically.
- Ensure ‘Windows Security’ is enabled
For most of you, your systems will be setup for automatic updates; you may need to restart for the updates to take affect.
Please update your systems immediately.